Personal Data means information that can directly or indirectly identify you or other individuals (“Personal Data”). This typically includes information such as your surname, name, name suffix, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, date of purchase and financial details provided by you in connection with your purchase. Personal Data can also include other information such as your IP address and your shopping habits.
What personal data do we collect?
While you are visiting our internet website, social media accounts or contacting us via email or mobile phone, we can collect this data:
- data, which we collect with cookies help
- data, that you give, while filling forms, queries or complaints (First name, last name, email and etc.). This data will be save for 2 years from the day you filled a form, query or complaint.
- data that you provide, while participating in our organized events, campaigns and (or) loteries (First name, last name, email and etc.). This data will be saved for a period of time that was declared in events, campaigns and(or) loteries rules with your permission, which you provided by giving your personal data seeking to participate in such events, campaigns and(or) loteries.
- data, which you provided in your own free will by active actions(First name, last name, comment, query and etc.) on our social media accounts(such as Facebook, Instagram and etc.) This data will be stored for 2 years since their submission date.
- any other personal date, which you can provide us at any time while using our website our communicating with us. This data will be stored for 2 years since their submission date.
What cookies are used in this Internet website?
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose||Creation moment||Expire date||Data used|
|_ga||Used for collecting static information about website attendance||When entering the website||2 years||Unique ID|
|_gat||Used to limit the number of referrals to doubleclick.net||When entering the website||1 minute||1|
|_gid||Used for collecting static information||When entering the website||24 hours||Unique ID|
Where can we share your personal data?
We can share your personal data to proccesors of personal data, who provide us services (information technology, programming software care and administration services, security services and etc.) and manages your data. Data managers have right to manage personal data only by our instructions and only as much as needed. Through data controllers, we take all necessary measures to ensure that our data controllers have implemented appropriate organizational and technical measures to ensure the security of personal data and to maintain the confidentiality of personal data.
Please be informed that your personal data will not be transferred to a third country and / or international organization.
How is your personal data you provide to us through social media used?
All information you provide to us on social media (including messages, use of the Like and Follow fields, and other communications) is controlled by the social network manager.
We currently have the following accounts on social media:
- "Facebook" - @drinkohmbuchawhose privacy notice is provided at this link
- "Instagram" - @myohmbuchawhose privacy notice is provided at this link
- “LinkedIn“ – Ohm!Bucha kombuchawhose privacy notice is provided at this link
- “YouTube“ – @drinkohmbuchawhose privacy notice is provided at this link
We encourage you to read third-party privacy notices and contact service providers directly if you have any questions about how they use your personal information.
How is your personal data processed?
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the requirements established by the Law on Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal acts.
We process your personal data only on the legal grounds defined in the legal acts regulating the protection of personal data - with your consent and when personal data needs to be processed due to the legitimate interest of the Company (video surveillance)
When processing your personal data, we implement organizational and technical measures that ensure the protection of personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, as well as from any other unlawful processing.
How long do we keep your data?
In cases when your personal data will be in the texts of relevant documents (agreements, orders, requests, etc.), we will archive and protect them in accordance with the terms specified in the General Documents Retention Terms Index approved by the Order of the Chief Archivist of Lithuania.
We promise that in all cases we will protect your personal data for no longer than required by the purposes of data processing or provided by law, if they provide for a longer data retention period.
What are your rights?
You have a right:
- make a written request to us to provide you with information as to whether data relating to you are being processed, and if such data is being processed, you have the right to access your personal data and the following information: the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed; where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored or, if that is not possible, the criteria for determining that period;
- demand the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data related to you;
- require us to delete your personal data. Nevertheless, this right is not absolute and can be justified for at least one of the following reasons: personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; You have decided to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data when your personal data is processed solely on the basis of consent and there is no other reason to process your personal data; Your personal data has been processed illegally; Your data must be deleted when we are required to do so;
- request that the processing of your personal data be restricted in one of the following cases: You dispute the accuracy of the data for a period of time during which we can verify the accuracy of your personal data; The processing of your personal data is illegal and you do not consent to the deletion of your data and instead request a restriction on their use; we no longer need your data for data processing purposes, but you need it to make, enforce or defend legal claims. When the processing of your personal data is restricted, we may process such data, except for storage, only with your consent or for the purpose of expressing, enforcing or defending legal claims and / or protecting your or another person's rights, or for reasons of public interest;
- request that we transfer the personal data processed by you to another data controller when this is technically possible;
- make a complaint to us if you believe that your rights as a personal data subject are and / or may be violated.
How you can use your rights?
- email: email@example.com
- by sending mail to
- upon arrival at the office at Liepų g. 5A, Garliava, Lietuva
We will respond to the received requests, complaints or requests in writing in accordance with the procedure and terms established by legal acts and will try to provide you with information as soon as possible, but not later than within 30 days from the receipt of your request.
If, upon receipt of a request, complaint or claim, we have suspicions as to the identity of the applicant, we have the right to request an identity document from the applicant.
If we are unable to provide you with the necessary information and / or have claims regarding the processing of your personal data, you have the right to apply to the State Data Protection Inspectorate by submitting a complaint.
How to contact us?